Monday, August 18, 2008

Leave Your Sisters "Puffer" Alone...

It's funny but true: for years, many young bodybuilders – and even some older ones – have tried to get the competitive edge in the gym by using asthma inhalers under the idea that the “steroid” and the beta-2 agonist ingredients in the inhalers will improve performance and build muscle.

So do they? Not at all!

A study by German researchers found that the use of asthma inhalers did not improve endurance performance, anaerobic muscle power or strength performance.

So, here's your FUSION FACTOID: If you're a bodybuilder who is thinking about using an asthma inhaler, forget it – it will do nothing for your performance and may, in fact, hurt you. And, if you're currently using an asthma puffer under the illusion that it helps you get the “edge”, stop it – it not only doesn't give you the edge, it makes you look silly! Instead, improve your cardio capacity by doing the work, and get stronger by lifting heavier, longer and more often.

- FUSION Research Team
http://www.fusionbodybuilding.com/

Source: Wilfried Kindermann.Do Inhaled β2-Agonists have an Ergogenic Potential in Non-Asthmatic Competitive Athletes? Sports Med 2007; 37 (2): 95-102.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome info, This is truly a very helpful body building resource... Thanks a tonne for sharing.

johney petter said...

My name is Henry. I love to keep my body in shape so I am pretty regular at the gym but I wanted more from my body. I decided to give Muscle Advance a try since one of my gym mates uses it. Ever since I started using it, I've been able to keep my workouts at such a high intensity. I can keep going at the gym & also increase my muscle size. Thanks!
Herbal Supplements